Women’s Cell/Girls’ Counselling
As per the requirements of “University Grants Commission (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harassment of Women Employees and Students in Higher Educational Institutions) Regulations, 2015”, Sexual Harassment & Gender Sensitization Committee has been constituted in the college to address the issues related to girls. The Committee is as follows:
|Prof. S. S. Kathaley||Convener|
|Dr. D. V. Chavan||Member|
|Dr. Ms. N. Z. Hirani||Member|
|Dr. Mrs. A. H. Sakalkale||Member|
|Miss. R. Choudhary||Member|
- To act against any instance of sexual harassment in the college as reported by girls or lady staff members as per the stipulated guidelines and procedures.
- To create awareness amongst students about the problems faced by women of all strata due to gender issues.
- To create an environment of gender justice where men and women are treated one and the same with a sense of personal security and dignity.
- To create awareness amongst students about the issues related to the youth, girls in particular.
- To disseminate knowledge about rights and laws related to women.
- To enhance the self-esteem and self-confidence of girl students in the college.
- To foster decision-making ability in girl students for making informed choices in areas like education, employment and health.
- To develop critical thinking ability of girl students.
- To inculcate team spirit in the students.
Several activities are conducted throughout the year by the Cell to promote awareness among girl students and educate them on gender specific issues in the areas such as health, legal, career and social.
Activities at a glance (2015-16)
- Essay competition on World Population Day 11th July 2015.
- Skit and PPT presentation on importance of Education for girls to celebrate World Literacy Day on 8th Sept, 2015.
- Ku. Gagandeep Kaur Channa and Mr. Sanket Sameer Choudhary selected and allotted badges as Gender Champions.
- Dengue prevention drive for Slum Dwellers of the city on 2nd Oct, 2015.
- Display of posters was done on the theme Beti Bachao and girls performed Skit on drug de-addiction on NSS Foundation Day.
- Lecture on Prevention of breast cancer by Dr. Jayprakash Baraskar, President, Deshmukh Charitable Trust and Baraskar Cancer Hospital and Dialysis Center was organized.
- Interactive counselling session by Mrs. Kavita Chandak
- Self defence training was imparted to 56 girls
- Ten girls participated in Essay Competition on the topic “Effects of education on Women and Girls” on 4th October, 2015 organised by Association of Women for Peace and Development, Nagpur
- International Women’s Day, 2016
- Pushkar B. Singh and Ku. Priyanka Jha won second prize at Hislop college power point presentation competition on Gender Sensitization theme.(2014)
- A team of 4 girls won consolation prize in skit competition on Gender Sensitization theme at Hislop College.
- Ten girls participated in Essay Competition on the topic “Effects of education on Women and Girls” on 4th October, 2015 organised by Association of Women for Peace and Development, Nagpur and four students bagged prizes:
- 2nd Prize – Ku. Sarah Bijorikar B. Com I E1
- 3rd Prize- Ku. Deepika Ojha B. Com I E1
- Consolation-Ku. Shubhangi Narekar B. Com II M
- Ku. Aishwarya Pande B. Com II M
Link of Women’s Act:
- Sexual harassment of women act and rules: Click here
- केंद्र सरकार द्वारा महिलाओं का कार्यस्थल पर लैंगिक उत्पीड़न (निवारण, प्रतिषेध एवं प्रतितोष) अधिनियम, २०१३ की धारा २९ के अंतर्गत बनाये गये नियम
- For Online Complaints: http://ncw.nic.in/onlinecomplaintsv2/frmPubRegistration.aspx(Visit and fill in the details if you want to lodge an online complaint. This is as per format of National Commission for Women, New Delhi, India.)